Mae Newbridge Memo yn edrych am Rheolwr Cyffredinol
£18,000-£22,000 pa plus pension contributions
The Memo is at the heart of the community in Newbridge and we need you, a dedicated and determined General Manager to oversee the successful day to day running of the Memo while continuing to secure its future as a profitable business.
The role is offered initially as temporary with a view to permanency.
You will be responsible for:
- General Administration
- Standards, maintenance and security
- Venue and events hire and bar
- Employed staff and volunteers
Person Specification – we are looking for someone with:
- experience as General Manager or similar management position;
- financial management, using system such as Sage;
- an understanding of income generation;
- solid leadership, teamworking and communication skills with ability in delegation of responsibilities and monitoring progress;
- excellent writing skills and the ability to use the suite of Microsoft packages such as Excel etc; and
- flexible working arrangements, including evening and weekend work.
About the Memo
Newbridge Memo Ltd (the Memo) is important to everyone who lives and works in Newbridge and the surrounding districts. From heritage and culture to a range of events from concerts with James Dean Bradfield and local high-profile male voice choirs, to large business conferences, weddings, private parties and afternoon tea with princesses for the children, the Memo has something for everyone.
It’s history is rich and speaks for itself; it is a memorial to the men of Newbridge who gave their lives in WW1, and is a place of huge significance to the miners and their families even now long after the last colliery was closed. It was a place renowned throughout the valleys as “The Place to Go” for a good night out.
The current small team of employees and volunteers are determined to do everything they can to re-establish Newbridge Memo as a venue that everyone is talking about and where everyone wants to go.
Closing date for applications: 24 May 2019 (no contact from agencies or media sales)
Interviews will be on Monday 3 June 2019