Public Value Accelerator – Igniting fresh thinking and practice
Friday 13th November – 11.00am – 1.00pm
Wednesday 18th November – 11.00am – 1.00pm
Thursday 26th November – 11.00am – 1.00pm
NUMBER OF SPACES – up to 20
WHERE TO BOOK – Register with Yvonne (firstname.lastname@example.org)
COST - £15 plus £100 for an optional one to one session with Lisa. If you would struggle to pay this please talk to us as we have some bursaries available.
- Based on The Experience Business ‘Designing Public Value with Purpose’ initiative, this short programme brings its top-line thinking, mindsets and frameworks to a cohort of executive leaders to stretch thinking and raise aspiration.
- An opportunity to look beyond the walls of the institution to see their operating context empathically and with fresh eyes. This will be a powerful catalyst to reviewing core purpose, re-engaging with core values, and developing an impact-focused ‘narrative of intentionality’ around public benefit.
- A peer-group learning experience founded on deep dialogue, structured exercises and mutual support. The strength of the programme resides in its unique model and the collective perspectives in the room.
- 3 x 2 hour virtual workshops facilitated by Lisa Baxter
- With up to 20 executive leaders.
- Learning materials will be supplied for participants to apply the thinking and outputs from each session to their own organisation.
- Each participating organisation will have access to a one-to-one session to support the development of an organisational Theory of Change.
- #1: What’s Going On? An introduction to key thinking around public value, social capital and systems thinking, followed by structured dialogue around how a strong culture of public value materially supports organisational resilience, drives meaningful engagement and strengthens the ability to attract support from funders, charities and donors.
- #2: Why do we matter? Participants will explore the ‘why’ behind what they do, the difference they want to make for the people and communities they serve, and the reasons why people should engage with, support and work with them for the public good. This session will be firmly anchored in a deep understanding of context – place, people, civic society.
#3 What must we do? An action-oriented session on how to translate mission, vision, values into purposeful behaviours and actions for public benefit, and how to express these as a powerful Theory of Change.
LISA BAXTER is the Founder and Director of The Experience Business.
A Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts (FRSA) and Associate of the Market Research Society (AMRS) Lisa is known as an inspiring and creative thinker. A pioneer in bringing the practice of Design Thinking and Creative Problem Solving to the arts and cultural sector, she works with forward-thinking organisations here and abroad to re-imagine the arts experience offer for 21st century audiences.